Human Nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyou812

I dont think its possible to insult him. In my head I picture him to look like Dolf Lungrun in Rocky IV when he says to rocky "I must break you" .

Last edited:

celtic

tonyou812 said:
In my head I picture him to look like Dolf Lungrun in Rocky IV .... .

Well that would certianly explain why it takes a day to look up a word on the computer...LOL. :D

Hope is all is well with him...he mentioned his boy was sick awhile back :-?

mivey

Hey celtic,
Could you repost that AE card picture? I can't quite make out the last few numbers.:grin:

emahler

altruistic...i'm not offended...i was asleep...i'm old, can't stay up like i used to....we'll shoot across the Verazzano and eat here

as for my delivery....ah, hell, i ain't a people person...:D

emahler

mivey said:
Hey celtic,
Could you repost that AE card picture? I can't quite make out the last few numbers.:grin:

screw that...that's my card he posted...how'd you get that picture?

emahler

celtic said:
Will you be altruistic then too?

We'd make a great team...I'm like a big ray of sunshine ROTF

no, that would be Tony's turn to be altruistic:D

i got 2 t-shirts that were given to me as gifts...one say "Do I look like an f'ing people person" and the the other says "I'm just one big #%&@% ray of sunshine"

they are my favorite shirts...:D

LawnGuyLandSparky

tonyou812 said:
As a matter of fact just yesterday I got a call for a service change with a few other things and I told the lady that a typical service change starts at 2700 and goes up depending on some other factors. And to my AMAZEMENT she didnt seem that taken back.

Keep in mind, it helps when your the 3rd, 4th or 5th contractor to tell a customer that.

iaov

I'm not the cheapest EC here nor the busiest. I don't want to be either. When I'm on my death bed I doubt if I will say "Gee I wish I hadn't spent so much time fishing and riding my Harley"!:D

POWER_PIG

emahler said:
that's a huge part of it...i think a good percentage of guys who go out on your own, do so simply because they are not good at what they do...they can't keep a job or make the money they want...so they pass a test and go out on their own to get rich...without a plan...
I have a problem with this satement

POWER_PIG

emahler said:
no whine bob, i'm content...it's just a different thought process...i couldn't possibly work for someone and know that i'll only make $x, no matter how much, or how little I accomplish today...
and here it is,,,,,,talk about insulting!

POWER_PIG

Im not really insulted..................I do know some EC's that work out of their homes / pick ups or whatever and do quite nicely. Just because they can't afford to start out "large and in charge" don't make them hackers. They pay taxes and are insured . Small EC's offer the average home owner a option of not having to pay $100 an hour to hang a couple ceiling fans.

EBFD6

I agree with Power Pig! Why do people think that everyone wants to go into business to "get Rich"? I work for medium size contractor (aprox. 60 guys) and I do pretty well as far as wage and benefits go. I would, however, like to work for myself someday. My motivation is not to get rich, if I could start working for myself tomorrow and make the same amount I made yesterday working for someone else, I would. My goal is to keep my current level of income (maybe a tad more), which allows me to provide for my family and live pretty comfortably.

My main source of motivation is to WORK LESS to maintain that level of income. If by working for myself I can make in 20 hours what I make now in 40 hours I will be ecstatic. I want to spend more time doing what I like to do and less time working, I do not want to be a fortune 500 company. What's the problem with that. Just because it doesn't meet someone else's business plan does not make it wrong.

If all you guys want to build and grow a business to pass on to your kids and make millions of dollars doing it, that's great. I want to make some money, tell my son to get a job he can enjoy, and when I don't need to work anymore I'll sell my tools and enjoy retirement!

nakulak

iaov said:
I'm not the cheapest EC here nor the busiest. I don't want to be either. When I'm on my death bed I doubt if I will say "Gee I wish I hadn't spent so much time fishing and riding my Harley"!:D

amen .

Status
Not open for further replies.