Residential, Commercial or Industrial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheHabit

What type of work do you perform? I have recently switched from residential to commercial due to the housing market. Wondering if others have done the same.

I welcome all replies from anyone on the forum.

mdshunk

My target market is people who use electricity. I've pretty much abandoned the Amish and the homeless as a dead end as far as work goes.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
mdshunk said:
My target market is people who use electricity. I've pretty much abandoned the Amish and the homeless as a dead end as far as work goes.

lmao ---

i recall an article once where a homeless man, in chicago i think, had tapped a 120v line that i believe was feeding the lights above the bridge he lived under. he had a microwave, television, lamps, . . .the works.

its obvious that he had some electrical skill.

its also ominous. wonder if he did residential work?

480sparky

brantmacga said:
lmao ---

i recall an article once where a homeless man, in chicago i think, had tapped a 120v line that i believe was feeding the lights above the bridge he lived under. he had a microwave, television, lamps, . . .the works.

Maybe it's this guy!:grin:

e57

brantmacga said:
lmao ---

I've seen that from time to time... Gotta get some pic's next time I do.

ITO

Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional are my bread and butter, but I will do the occasional multi million dollar house, high rise condo or retirement community.

Home owners are a pox.

Rewire

We do service upgrades,docks,remodels,custom homes,and service calls.Most of our work is a one or two day job that gives us steady cash flow and a customer base that is quite large.

macmikeman

Rewire said:
We do service upgrades,docks,remodels,custom homes,and service calls.Most of our work is a one or two day job that gives us steady cash flow and a customer base that is quite large.

That two day formula is what I have found to be the optimum formula myself. And in my own case allows for a nice day of surf between.

bradleyelectric

I'm trying to find that area of the field where I can be on the beach watching bikinis with a cell phone at most and someone depositing checks for me. Hasn't worked out for me yet. I'll keep you posted.

emahler

they are 3 different fields with different pitfalls and requirements...most guys are not able to effectively transition between them at the same time....not saying guys can't transform from one to the other...but it's really difficult to operate in all 3 fields at the same time...btw- we have all but gotten out of resi and are strictly commercial (medical, retail, food service)...but we do almost no real Industrial work....we work in factories, warehouses, etc...but nothing that I would consider Industrial...

emahler

bradleyelectric said:
I'm trying to find that area of the field where I can be on the beach watching bikinis with a cell phone at most and someone depositing checks for me. Hasn't worked out for me yet. I'll keep you posted.

if you want, i can tell you the secret to do this...just send me a check for $495 to my beach house along with your cell number :D

480sparky

bradleyelectric said:

Here's a hint: 'Management'. :grin:

bikeindy

brantmacga said:
lmao ---

shure he did and only used #12, went out of business and became homeless.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
bikeindy said:
shure he did and only used #12, went out of business and became homeless.

lol. but if it was in chicago, i think he had to use 12???(lets ask dave aka tiger elec.) i wonder if he ran pipe under the bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.