Fuses for C1D2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufactures like Weidmuller are know providing Class 1 Division 2 rated fuse terminals but they are only approved with dummy fuses (slugs).

Does anyone know of any testing that has been done sucessfully using the new Weidmuller C1D2 WSI 4/2 fuse holder with a Bussman 1/4 x 1 1/4 fuse like the AGC with the B option (Board washable Hermetically Sealed)?

Thanks,

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
This is marketing drivel. The fuse blocks never needed to be specifically identifed for Division 2. The fuses did for some applications, but not all.

You are correct it is all marketing,I called Bussman to find out about their board washable "HermeticallySealed" fuses, and of course they do not support using these fuses for C1D2 hazardous areas. So now we have manufactures making the so called C1 D2 fuseholders and nobody in the industry makes a 1 1/4 x 1/4 fuse to use with it, how convenient.

stickelec

You are correct it is all marketing,I called Bussman to find out about their board washable "HermeticallySealed" fuses, and of course they do not support using these fuses for C1D2 hazardous areas. So now we have manufactures making the so called C1 D2 fuseholders and nobody in the industry makes a 1 1/4 x 1/4 fuse to use with it, how convenient.

Same issue with the GMA (5x20mm) - and they're used by the thousands in C1D2.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer

Depending on the application, if they are hermetically sealed, they are already suitable for Class I, Division 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.