Sloped Ceiling Fan Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank_n

I just got back from a job where I installed a ceiling fan box (old work). When I tried installing the fan, the slope of the ceiling was too big.

I figured out the slope was 34 degrees (can't believe I remembered high school trig) and the fan is good for slopes up to 30 degrees. Does anyone know if Hampton Bay (or anyone else) makes an adapter. The problem I ran into was the pole was hitting the canopy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

mdshunk

Yeah, the regular fan only accomodates up to a 5/12 pitch. There's an adaptor for ceilings that are really sloped. It works for most any brand that hangs from a rod. I think it used to be made by Angelo Brothers, if I'm not mistaken. Lemme look around....

mdshunk

Minuteman said:
I've used those for new work, but I suspect very much that you'd make a royal mess trying to adapt one of those for old work.

My main gripe about those Arlington boxes like that for sloped ceilings and peaks is that they're not wide enough on the face. Most paddle fan canopies people prefer nowadays overhang that box all around, and it looks super-dumb. Hunter looks the worst, since their canopy on the top of the rod must be 8" dia. I wish Arlington would make these things in a bigger version too, and I'd use them more liberally.

Status
Not open for further replies.