Spot the Violations Part 1002

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Went to look at a rewire today. I spent the first 5 minutes trying to locate the panel. Finally found it in the basement. :mad:

DSC05928a.jpg

DSC05929a.jpg

DSC05930a.jpg

DSC05931a.jpg

DSC05932a.jpg

cloudymacleod

is that a house? if it is, where r all those pipes going to? can u even get that panel cover off? thats a nice looking 90 degree bend feeding the receptacle and it looks fairly new, the pipe, though.

480sparky

Sometime in the recent past the house had some work done and all the exposed NM in the basement was replaced with EMT.

c2500

I love then new clear plastic romex connector..aka strain relief. You would almost think there was nothing there as the nm leaves the side of the panel.:D

c2500

480sparky

c2500 said:
I love then new clear plastic romex connector..aka strain relief. You would almost think there was nothing there as the nm leaves the side of the panel.:D

c2500

It's one of those off-shoots of the Reagan-era Star Wars defense program. Remember SDI? : Strategic Defense Initiative? You know, stealth stuff and all that. They're not plastic, though, but a radar-absorbing, back-scattering high-resin based accruative polymerelestic.

You really can't see it, can you? Guess what? Neither can the Russians! :grin:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
about two years ago i did a carpet store. the owner called the boss and wanted him to send me out to add a light in a closet they built for adhesive storage. the panel was installed on an exterior wall of this metal building in the warehouse. when i got there, i found that the closet had been constructed over my panel, literally. they built a wall around it. i had to tear a section of the wall out, studs and all to make it accessible. sometimes i wonder how people even manage to put their socks on in the morning.

c2500

480sparky said:
a radar-absorbing, back-scattering high-resin based accruative polymerelestic.
QUOTE]

Thats a mighty fancy sounding name. Can you say it ten times fast? Which leads to the next question...is it the same price as a government toilet seat?:grin:

c2500

480sparky

c2500 said:
Thats a mighty fancy sounding name. Can you say it ten times fast? Which leads to the next question...is it the same price as a government toilet seat?:grin:

c2500

No, they're priced the same as either a 16-oz hammer or a Nimitz-class carrier.

31ZTujPkvvL._AA280_.jpg
290px-USS_Nimitz_1997.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.