messy trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

th_ground010.jpg

th_trailer001.jpg

Just traded my old truck for this one yesterday, spent most of day putting all my junk back. Going on first service call with it tomorrow to one of my best customer. (some ones gotta pay for it:grin: )

ceb58

Originally Posted by ceb58
th_ground010.jpg
th_trailer001.jpg

Isn't it amazing how deceptively small those crew cabs look from the outside, and all that storage space on the inside!

Yes, and you should see the inside of the trailer!

RHJohnson

The more parts you need to carry the better organized you need to be!
I am definitely a neat freak.
Years ago ran a repair shop for a mine. Our warehouse was maybe 200' from our shop. The warehouse was 40' wide by 125' long and had 3 employees. We had $1M in electrical parts and another $1M in electric locomotive parts. I had 12 electricians in the shop who spent an average of an hour a day each in that whse. looking for parts. It was a tall building, had them build a mezzanine floor and moved all our parts upstairs, we found items we didn't even know we had, organized, and listed into computer - when done only 1 hour per day - total - spent in warehouse getting parts/supplies. The warehouse also cut back to 2 employees! We ended up doubling the size of the warehouse, had much better control over the inventory - and paid for it in 2 years with the savings in time spent looking.......

Status
Not open for further replies.