P&S PlugTail receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

sec_B.jpg

anyone use them yet? did the extra material cost really get offset (and then some) by the saved labor cost?

C3PO

The only customers we sell these to is hospitals. They like them because it is easier for them to replace recptacles when the are hot. Just unplug it and plug in another one.

SiddMartin

this is just one device that will have un qualified ppl changing out devices b/c they don't need to know how to wire it. Just plug and play. Less service calls?

emahler

SiddMartin said:
this is just one device that will have un qualified ppl changing out devices b/c they don't need to know how to wire it. Just plug and play. Less service calls?

i don't know...unqualified might not know wth they are looking at:D

emahler

peter d said:
I think the mentality of EC's is "Put the cheap help on devicing" so stuff like the Plug tail is seen as a waste.

i'm not convinced that the added cost of the device would be offset by the labor savings....

480sparky

emahler said:
i'm not convinced that the added cost of the device would be offset by the labor savings....

Without knowing the cost, how can a comparison be made? Has anyone priced them? Enquiring minds want to know.

emahler

480sparky said:
Without knowing the cost, how can a comparison be made? Has anyone priced them? Enquiring minds want to know.

i'm waiting for a buy price from my vendor (this job is about 300 20A spec grade dplx, 100 20A HG dplx, and 50 assorted HG and IG duplex)

however, I did find online that I can purchase the 20A specs for about $10/ea...at that price, it's not saving me anything...now, should my vendor be around $6-$7/hr, i believe we might be looking at a savings...

peter d

480sparky said:
At a ten-spot per, they'll never sell a single one!

I'm not so sure about that...they've been around for a few years now, and if they weren't selling they would discontinue them. I think P&S has actually expanded the plug tail line since its inception, so they are obviously selling.

SiddMartin

quogueelectric said:
Does the plug tail count as another device as far as box fill??
The wires originate and never leave the box, and the plug would be just like a wire nut.
I would guess no.

*just re-read that, count as another device?, wouldn't think so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.