Cordless Hammer Drills

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Valdes

Occupation
Retired Electrician
Has anyone had any experience with cordless hammer drills. Not impact drivers. I would use this only for small jobs like conduit and boxes. I saw one at Sears for $74.00. It is 1/2" chuck, 8.0 amp motor.

Thanks for any feedback.......John

John Valdes said:
Has anyone had any experience with cordless hammer drills. Not impact drivers. I would use this only for small jobs like conduit and boxes. I saw one at Sears for $74.00. It is 1/2" chuck, 8.0 amp motor.

8.0 amp motor for cordless ?? but with that much rating that is typically i did see that on corded verison all the time

what voltage that cordless you are talking about ?? if that is true .,, however i have 18 v yellow hammerdrill it been pretty good for me for quite a while but have to rebuild the chuck bearing/bushing area once due i been drilling it alot and got my money worth on that one.

Merci,Marc

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i have a ryobi cordless hammer drill. the drill is fine, the batteries won't hold up though for masonry work. typically i can get less than 15 minutes of actual drilling time out of it with a full charge. for hammer drills, i use a 120v milwaukee hammer drill.

Bob Kraemer

John Valdes said:

If that is the 19.2 volt version I wouldn't recomened it. I have that drill. I bought it before I bought a Makita 18 volt lithium ion battery combo set. I bought the Makita setup because I didn't like the Craftsman battery drill.
I only use the Craftsman hammer drill as a back up & home use.

jerm

I've been really happy with my dewalt 18v cordless hammerdrill, and the batteries interchange with my saw and radio... ;)

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I have a 18 volt Dewalt and it works well. The only problems I have are withe really hard concrete. It does well on all other applications.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I'm very happy with this. It's heavy and pricey, not very good as a screw gun, but drills and drives tapcons on one battery all day like a champ.

iwire

Staff member
jerm said:
I've been really happy with my dewalt 18v cordless hammerdrill, and the batteries interchange with my saw and radio... ;)

Yes, same here I have a DeWalt SDS 18 V Hammer drill and have been very impressed with it.

Ed Carr

Makita 18v lithium ion for me-like it alot
good power pretty fast battery recovery
and fairly light
BTW guys I have found some great deals on ebay
for the bare tool only.Just replaced my old broke
Makita for $90.Probably would have cost $60-70
for a repair!

wireman71

Used a Dewalt Cordless 18V hammer drill quite a bit. Seems pretty nice and if you already have the batteries you can probably find a good deal on one on ebay without bats.

c2500

I have a few of the Dewalts. The long neck hammer (6 years old), the regular hammer (model 925) and the Nano hammer (replaced another 925 that was stolen) . I am not impressed at all with the Nano. I don't think the lithium ions last as long as the NiCd's.
As a whole, they work fine but tend to eat batteries when drilling big holes. They also take alot longer to drill when compared to a corded one.

If you have an SDS already, I'd suggest buying the Dewalt SDS cordless so you can use all the bits (they have it in a few battery types I think).

c2500

fishin' electrician

Probably more than you're looking for but the Hilti TE-6A is the cat's backside.
li02198.jpg

Buck Parrish

I am a "Makita" guy. The cordless 18 volt hammer drill is great. I have three and the cordless saw saw, and radio. too. All the batteries are interchangeable.
My helpers use dewalt. I would not go less then 18 volt on either.
Look on ebay.

Bob Kraemer

Hey M.D.
I like your signature line (Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, ...."This is going to take more than one night.".) laughed my a$$ off. :grin:
Sorry for the derail gents, I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.

Jim W in Tampa

For what i have spent on Ryobi in last 4 years i could have ownd a set of dewalt.Last draw was #4 ryobi hammer drill 18 volt .Home depot wanted $69 just for drill and Rigid was $198 for drill ,2 bat ,charger and fantastic bag.Will never ever bhuy any more ryobi garbage

rexowner

Occupation
Electrician
M. D. said:
I got this with [Milwaukee] two batteries a charger and a sawsall for $365.00 ,..Love them both.

I am also very happy with the Milwaukee. The metal-cutting
circular saw is also great for cutting pipe quick and straight.

I was thinking about the V28 right-angle drill.
http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_27_40028_-1_735043_192147_192137

I have a corded milwaukee right angle, so I don't know
if it's worth the $$$ for the cordless for the
extra convenience.

Have you seen or considered the cordless right angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.