Arlingtons Riser fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankft2000

Arlington has a fnew fitting, its a nm2520 http://www.aifittings.com/whnew108.htm All it is is a pvc male adapter, but it says you make your own pvc expansion couplings using a piece of 2 1/2" over a piece of 2" pvc. Is this a legal way to make a expansion joint? I always buy the made expansion coupling, but I could easily make my own.

shockin

We've been using them for at least a year. Our's must not be Arlington though because it looks like a new product for them. I think they are a lot easier to work with then the coupling style.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I think that it's a great idea. Especially since expansion fittings are so expensive. Does anyone know why they cost so much?

frankft2000

wirebender said:
So, it's a 2-1/2" MA with a 2" throat?

Why not just use a plain old 2-1/2" MA?

Thats what I'm getting at. Is it legal to just sleave a 2 1/2" pieace of pvc over a 2" pvc and call it good, or is a manufactured fitting required?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
frankft2000 said:
Thats what I'm getting at. Is it legal to just sleave a 2 1/2" pieace of pvc over a 2" pvc and call it good, or is a manufactured fitting required?

I would think not, but that's all you get when you buy an expensive 2" expansion fitting.

frogneck77

I was at my inlaws in WI last year, and the electrician or POCO who originally wired the house didnt use a slip fitter- TA glued on the pipe. The Broken pipe was over a foot below the meter socket-My Father in law never even noticed it

Status
Not open for further replies.