3 phase disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

Have a 50amp 3 phase 208V coffee maker that sits on a counter in a restaurant. The specs call for it to be hard wired, Panel is not in sight. No room for disco, is my only option to install plug and cord?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Have a 50amp 3 phase 208V coffee maker that sits on a counter in a restaurant. The specs call for it to be hard wired, Panel is not in sight. No room for disco, is my only option to install plug and cord?

Install plug and cord and connect to what? Where is the nearest 50 amp three phase outlet?

normbac

Thanks Augie. i had read that but I mistakenly always thought 3 phase required disco I am so used to there being a motor when I have wired 3 phase in past I asumed disco was always required

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I don't find it the easiest section to decipher, but, as I read it, a breaker lock will suffice in your situation. Don't like it, but thats my read.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

If you don't want to hard wire it you can use one of these.http://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=4810

7267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.