Annual Tool Allowance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiddMartin

Interested in finding out what other companies offer, the company I work for provides $180.00 / year for your "tool allowance". You can buy hand tools, boots, jeans, gloves, code book etc.. What do you / your companies offer?

mdshunk

Depends on who it is. That's one of those negotiated benefits, just like the wage/salary. I really don't see an accross the board set amount, the same amount for every person, as being all that helpful.

SiddMartin

mdshunk said:
Depends on who it is. That's one of those negotiated benefits, just like the wage/salary. I really don't see an accross the board set amount, the same amount for every person, as being all that helpful.

every employee gets the same $180/year, I'm not complaining at all, but I've heard of other local companies that pay around $200 - $225 /year and some that don't pay at all

MAK

$180.00 sounds pretty sweet to me. I have not received any tool allowance but my employers have given other financial benefits to me so I can not complain.

brian john

200.00 a year, 180.00 a year, HMMMMMM for the extra 20.00 I'd jump ship in a heart beat.

No set policy I do it case by case, you do not want to know my tool cost every year for the company.

crossman

An important question would be "What tools does the company require you to supply?"

If they require an electrician to supply drill motors, KO cutters, fish-tapes, hand benders, ladders, along with the hand tools, then 180 bucks a year isn't much.

If all they require is basic hand tools, then 180 bucks is pretty cool.

kpepin

I got about $6000 one year... only because someone broke into the company van and stole all of my cordless tools (drill, sawzall, impact wrench, right angle drill, roto-zip, radio, vac, and all the bits, screw tips, chargers and batteries thay went along with them). It took about 3 months, but they all got replaced.

SiddMartin

crossman said:
An important question would be "What tools does the company require you to supply?"

If they require an electrician to supply drill motors, KO cutters, fish-tapes, hand benders, ladders, along with the hand tools, then 180 bucks a year isn't much.

If all they require is basic hand tools, then 180 bucks is pretty cool.

we only have to supply hand tools. All power tools, KO, holesaw, ladders, benders, are supplied for us. So yeah, it's nice

brian john

we only have to supply hand tools. All power tools, KO, holesaw, ladders, benders, are supplied for us. So yeah, it's nice

If the 180.00 goes towards hand tools OK, though 180.00 (.72 cents a day) is really not a lot. If it has to go to the other stuff...You getting bulla bulla'd
(old joke).

What do Kleins cost today?

brian john

How bout a new Klein thermos?

THERMOS-1.jpg

cschmid

I actually have one and like it..:grin: But them MOOOOO burger with BBQ sauce sound good..........What happen to the Bovine anyway,did it run off maybe it is dairy bovine and their milking it..

quogueelectric

cschmid said:
I actually have one and like it..:grin: But them MOOOOO burger with BBQ sauce sound good..........What happen to the Bovine anyway,did it run off maybe it is dairy bovine and their milking it..
It is getting warm in here.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Around here it varies from nothing to a few hundred bucks.

Some employers supply uniforms, others don't. I think a clean uniform everyday is worth more than a few hundred bucks a year tool allowance.

HighWirey

crossman said:
If they require an electrician to supply drill motors, KO cutters, fish-tapes, hand benders, ladders, along with the hand tools, then 180 bucks a year isn't much. If all they require is basic hand tools, then 180 bucks is pretty cool.

Gentlemen,

Been out of the loop for a while. Does any EC now-a-dayz require a JW to provide "drill motors, KO cutters, fish-tapes, hand benders, ladders, along with the hand tools"?

If so, it is time to leave the trade, the $180 allowance be durned.

Best Wishes Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.