Tritium Exit Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
This seems like a"no-brainer", but that seems to be the ones that come back to bite me.
Does anyone see a problem installing the Tritium nuclear exit signs in a paintbooth ??
Building inspector wants signs, supplier wants to supply Tritium signs which, from all appearances, are non-electric.
I see no problem. Am I overlooking something ?

barbeer

Why would a building inspector want exit lights in a paint booth? I guess it could be a big enough booth to warrant it but I myself have never seen one that big.? Could they be placed behind Lexan panels like some lights?

ultramegabob

I could understand an emergency light in a paintbooth, but an exit sign?? its not like you have people wandering around in a paintbooth that are not familiar with where the exit is.... do they require exit signs in every office and in the bathrooms also?

bobgorno

Some states require you to carry a license for the tritium signs. it's not expensive, but it requires you to track them by location and serial number.

Probably to stop you from tossing them in the trash.

augie47 said:
This seems like a"no-brainer", but that seems to be the ones that come back to bite me.
Does anyone see a problem installing the Tritium nuclear exit signs in a paintbooth ??
Building inspector wants signs, supplier wants to supply Tritium signs which, from all appearances, are non-electric.
I see no problem. Am I overlooking something ?

Do it all the time in hazardous locations.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I've been recommending BradyGlo over Tritium in the past few years.

Roger

Last edited:

HighWirey

mdshunk said:
You might want to check on the one's powered by dilithium crystals.

There he goes again, demeaning the power of those crystals . . .

In my orbit, the engineers quickly stopped specifing 'nuclear signs'. Problem went away. Commercial must still use 'em?

Best Wishes Everyone

macmikeman

Silly me for thinking this but since its a paint booth, you think they might just be able to have somebody paint the word exit near the exit. Might possibly save some dough, but of course why would they want to do that?

macmikeman said:
Silly me for thinking this but since its a paint booth, you think they might just be able to have somebody paint the word exit near the exit. Might possibly save some dough, but of course why would they want to do that?

Of course, IF the continuous illumination of the exit sign - even in the case of power failure - is provided by an approved device.

Silly of me thinking that whatever exit sign there is, since it is a paintbooth, it sooner or later will be covered with paint, so it will not be visible to begin with. I mean how big is this paintbooth and how many doors are there that would NOT be an exit. Sometimes adhering to these reg's we just have to leave our senses.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.