correction time for posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakulak

cschmid said:
I have had the ability to edit a post after two other post have been posted..can you make it so that once another poster has posted after you that your post can not be edited even if it is in the time frame..I like to edit my spelling..I mess up like everyone else..

I all most forgot to spell check this..did not have any errors anyway..

actually, almost is spelled "almost".

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
This is one of those " Would you like cheese with your whine?" threads.:roll: and I will not edit it later.:D

resistance

The issue with most of us, including myself is the need for speed. I am always in a rush, and that is when I make the most mistakes.
So, SLOOOOOOOW down, proof read and then you will be a little happier.

I agree! This is me allll the way!

ITO

The time limit is xxxxxxxxxxx, if I cant go back fix, spells check, or even rescind a xxxxxx comment that was made in haste them I am not going to post anything, just like I stopped at ECN.

Online message groups are a great outlet, they allow me some anonymity, freedom to speak, and a resource for other people with similar interests; the problem is I say too much, probably because its one of the few outlets I can get away with saying anything.

I am not trying to be a xxxxxx, but if you take away one of the functions that allow me to either fix my numerous and embarrassing typos, correct information, or allow me to remove my foot from my mouth, than I really have nothing more to say…except for this which I probably will regret in a little over 10 minutes:

As for the folks that were lamenting over racing to find some code reference for some newb who only deleted their posts, to find out they cant show everyone how smart they are…get a life.

Moderator Edit: Language

Last edited by a moderator:

lbwireman

iwire said:
We are still working out how much time will be allowed to edit your own posts.

There is a good reason the time limit was put in place and it is for the betterment of the forum. :smile:
And you'd tell us what that reason is.....but then you'd have to kill us?:rolleyes:

electricmanscott

acrwc10 said:
This is one of those " Would you like cheese with your whine?" threads.:roll: and I will not edit it later.:D

Actually, I think it was the "whine" that caused the issue that produced this thread.

This really has become the "Nanny" forum. :rolleyes:

nakulak

electricmanscott said:
Actually, I think it was the "whine" that caused the issue that produced this thread.

this thread (and its sister) just go to prove that you can't please everyone, you can't have your cake and eat it too, blah blah blah

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I will post no more (in this idiotic thread)

iwire

Staff member
electricmanscott said:

I find this a very odd statement.

In the entire time I have been coming to this forum, well before I was a moderator, this forum has been a tight one. Flaming, swearing, posts about controversial subjects have never been allowed.

This forum has not 'become' a nanny forum it has always been that way as far as I know.

Because of this we have the benefit of many professionals that likely would not hang around if this forum was like the conversation at a nasty bar.

Anyway thats how I see it.

M. D.

I think "some people " in this thread are overreacting:smile:

I've seen some other boards that have a hands off approach and they descend rather quickly into a state of chaos where the issue matters little.

Look ,.we are all adults,. 10 or 15 minuets to edit is reasonable.

What are the arguments for a longer limit , or perhaps no limit at all and does it make sense for a forum to allow a member to be able to punch holes in a thread days, weeks , or hours later ?? I don't think so myself.

mivey

M. D. said:
I think "some people " in this thread are overreacting:smile:
Why does it have to be over or under reacting? Why can't it just be reacting? Pretend we are just sitting around the cooler talking about stuff.:smile:
M. D. said:
I've seen some other boards that have a hands off approach and they descend rather quickly into a state of chaos where the issue matters little.
And that is why I appreciate the moderators watching out for this forum. I sure am not interested in taking their job. With that being said, I'm sure not going to criticize them. But I reserve the "right" to.
M. D. said:
Look ,.we are all adults,. 10 or 15 minuets to edit is reasonable.
No, we are not. That is the reason for this problem. It just aggravates me that we are not all adults and it forces the moderators to treat the whole forum like children. I don't have any other solutions, but I'm still disappointed.
M. D. said:
What are the arguments for a longer limit , or perhaps no limit at all
The arguments for? Read Ito's post #48 as I think he makes some nice points.
M. D. said:
does it make sense for a forum to allow a member to be able to punch holes in a thread days, weeks , or hours later ?? I don't think so myself.
No, it is not right for this abuse to happen. That is why the moderators had to make the change (I'm sure they did not take any pleasure in it). With more relaxed rules, the children of the forum abused the system and that is my beef.
electricmanscott said:
I can buy into that.
electricmanscott said:
Which may be a pain but is better than a nasty forum as I think the quality would suffer.

lbwireman

iwire said:
Actually if you bothered to read the thread you posted in I did explain the reasons. :D

Back at post #10

Bob,
Deep breath, sip of cool water, breath in long breaths, not short...
Kudos and deepest appreciation for all the hard work that you put into keeping this a pleasant and informative place to visit.

"...but then you'd have to kill us?"

"That'(wa)s a joke, son!" ~ Foghorn T. Leghorn

That said, I did read post #10 and it was hardly any "bother" a'tall. Mostly it dealt with what you (and other mods, presumably) had done, could do and, in future would or might do. The closest thing to an "explanation" that I found was the "deep thread" comment. With which I am completely in agreement, BTW. There are many things for which I have been faulted during my 35+ years in this trade but lack of attention to detail has rarely been one of them. Peace:)
Sean

iwire

Staff member
lbwireman said:
"That'(wa)s a joke, son!" ~ Foghorn T. Leghornn

Now that I got. :grin:

The other went right by me.
icon11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.