GFCI Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

It is the Walmarting of America, not Walmarts fault they as so successful, we want (as noted) cheaper faster. They have management that know's how to wrangle a deal, drive a supplier out of business and move it overseas.

Remember the Walmart Buy America Campaign? That just disappeared.

Recently a local family restaurant that had been in business for years went under, located in town. The newer members of the community preferred the newer chains at the strip malls Ruby's, Fridays, Bob Evans.

There was a time when I traveled and ate local flavor now the local flavor is as mentioned Ruby's ECT. from Seattle to Miami and all points in between. Heck same thing when you travel to Europe and China.

480sparky

ultramegabob said:
Ditto to the ditto of the ditto...

Ditto4.jpg

480sparky

peter d said:
It's like deja vu all over again.

Good evening. Tonight on 'It's the Mind' we examine the phenomenon of d?j? vu, that strange feeling we someti... mes get ... that ... we've lived through something...

peter d

frizbeedog said:
You forgot the.....

Hey, Ken, I don't have them fancy symbols on my keyboard.

I can't type dayza view properly.

If you're using a Mac (as I am) there a few quick keystrokes you can use. However, I cannot remember what they actually are.

peter d

ypick said:
Are there any GFCI outlets that are not made in China?

None that I am aware of. All of the reputable brands (P&S, Leviton, and Cooper/Eagle, and Hubble) of GFCI's are made in China.

And then you have the knockoff brands like "Shen Zhou Electric Light Works Ltd" which are clearly made in China.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
This is funny. I can't stand P&S devices. Feel and sound cheap, to me.

I did do a job once that was all Lutron. Liked the color consistency between the devices and plates. Super pricey though.

peter d said:
Well I ditto you to infinity. So there.

Ditto

peter d

Chamuit said:
This is funny. I can't stand P&S devices. Feel and sound cheap, to me.

The resi grade stuff from any brand feels and looks cheap, so I agree with you there. However, when it comes to commercial grade or better, I don't think P&S can be beat. The GFCI's are definitely the best.

480sparky

peter d said:
The resi grade stuff from any brand feels and looks cheap, so I agree with you there. However, when it comes to commercial grade or better, I don't think P&S can be beat. The GFCI's are definitely the best.

Ditto . ;)

480sparky

peter d said:
Double ditto to infinity plus one plus deja vu plus a gazillion billion. Just TRY to top that! :D

sagan-1.jpg

Billions and billions of dittos to the
billions and billions of powers of
billions and billions of infinities

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
480sparky said:
sagan-1.jpg

Billions and billions of dittos to the
billions and billions of powers of
billions and billions of infinities

You two sound like your in love with each other, and can't say good night. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.