LED Driver Junction boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

criselect

Does anyone know if some one makes a box to install LED drivers in? I can use a 411/16 box but thought someone may have come out with a box with the holes already drilled to mount the drivers in and save time.

Does anyone know if some one makes a box to install LED drivers in? I can use a 411/16 box but thought someone may have come out with a box with the holes already drilled to mount the drivers in and save time.

The key need for the drivers is temperature management. Putting those in a box just because it fits, without investigating its thermal dissipation capabilities versus the drive's heat rejection, is surely asking for trouble.

stickboy1375

every driver i've bought came in a box, and it looks like swiss cheese for heat removal...what do the instructions with the driver say to use?

criselect

The fixture is being supplied by the customer, it is a recess light with the driver seperate and no junction box. After doing some investigating found out is not UL approved (fixture and driver) so we will not be installing them. They had the option to buy UL approved fixtures but they wanted to save money and purchased the non UL approved fixtures to save money. I can not figure out why they would even sell non Ul approved fixtures just for liablity sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.