Feeding a builidng from another

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestonElec

A building separated by fire wall creating two building 1and 2. Utility transformer is outside on the slab. One set of service lateralis feeding building 1 and another is feeding building 2. Can run the feedersencased in concrete from the secondary side of the transformer to building 2going under the slab of building 1? what code section will support that?

Thanks,

RestonElec

I couldn't locate any where in 230 telling I could or could not do that. 230 addresses multi building feeding but from outside nothing showing running conductors under the slab of a building to feed another building.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... what code section will support that?

Thanks,
More specifically, 230.6 Conductors Considered Outside the Building.

Additionally, if the slab (concrete, I assume :p) is 2" or greater in thickness, it is not necessary to also encase the service conductors/conduit(s).

The riser section, if any and if inside, upon emerging from the slab may also have to meet the requirements of that section. Check with your AHJ...

If you install exterior a service disconnecting means, the "not supplied through another building or other structure" requirement of 230.3 disappears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.