Ceiling Fan Disconnect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizbeedog

Is a switch disconnect (wall switch control) required for a ceiling fan? (Residential)

Can it be direct wired and it's only means of control be a hand held remote and its receiver?

Is this a luminare/fixture?

Appliance?

peter d

mdshunk said:

I believe it's a UL standard, not a code rule, for a wall box control to have a marked on-off switch on them. Check out the Maestro dimmers...they will have this small positive on-off switch on the bottom.

stickboy1375

peter d said:
I believe it's a UL standard, not a code rule, for a wall box control to have a marked on-off switch on them. Check out the Maestro dimmers...they will have this small positive on-off switch on the bottom.

Thats for changing lamps no?

mdshunk

peter d said:
Yeah, but a remote you just hold in your hand. The pos off on a dimmer is to keep from blowing the dimmer when you relamp.

stickboy1375

frizbeedog said:
Is a switch disconnect (wall switch control) required for a ceiling fan? (Residential)

Can it be direct wired and it's only means of control be a hand held remote and its receiver?

Is this a luminare/fixture?

Appliance?

To answer your question, no.

resistance

I believe you can have the switch (chain operated) on the fan, and use the remote as manufactured. No wall switch needed.

resistance

I'm sure a wall switch is required, if there is no other means--accept the remote--to turn the fan off.

Status
Not open for further replies.