Moved Post on 2014 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Since I have been pretty disturbed about a few rules lately and the new Draft if 2014 is out. What now. Is there comment , will someone listen, what is the point.

The problem I have is that by the time we here in Ca realize a code is a problem is 6 + years past the time to complain and suggest alternatives.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Since I have been pretty disturbed about a few rules lately and the new Draft if 2014 is out. What now. Is there comment , will someone listen, what is the point.

The problem I have is that by the time we here in Ca realize a code is a problem is 6 + years past the time to complain and suggest alternatives.

I'll move this post to Comments/Proposals.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Does anyone have the ROP's on 250.122b where the intent changed from voltage drop due to legnth to any condition.

I would like to comment on the Draft but I need to see where the code body deviated and morphed to where it is now.

Thanks..

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Does anyone have the ROP's on 250.122b where the intent changed from voltage drop due to legnth to any condition.

I would like to comment on the Draft but I need to see where the code body deviated and morphed to where it is now.

Thanks..

Go to nfpa.org and type in the search 2002 rop

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

Thanks..
Keep in mind that you can only comment on what was proposed for this code cycle. You cannot introduce something new in the comment stage.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

Thanks..

5- 264 - (250-122): Accept
SUBMITTER: Jamie McNamara, Hastings, MN
RECOMMENDATION: Revise to read as follows:
250-122 (b) Increased in size Adjustment for Voltage Drop. Where ungrounded conductors are increased adjusted in size to compensate for voltage drop, equipment grounding conductors, where installed, shall be increased in size adjusted proportionately according to circular mil area of the ungrounded conductors.
SUBSTANTIATION: The current text is limited to voltage drop only and is subject to abuse and misinterpretation (e.g. it was done per the plans, not for voltage drop). The manufacturers
directions often call for conductor to be increased in size, with no explanation for why the ungrounded conductors size is increased, with no corresponding requirement for the equipment
grounding conductor to be increased.
PANEL ACTION: Accept.
red = text to be deleted
blue = new text

Status
Not open for further replies.