Thread: Power Distribution Seminars/Training

Power Distribution Seminars/Training

Does anyone know a good source to find seminars/training on power distributin systems. I am looking to see if there are any good ones coming up in Florida, but any location will do.

As a fairly new engineer in this field I was looking to attend a training seminar to gain a better understanding. I'm looking for a course that will closely resemble the IEEE Red Book.

Power Distribution Classes

I went to an underground distribution fundamentals course put on by University of Wisconsin continuing education and that was pretty good. They offer all sorts of courses in many locations. It was in Vegas, baby, Vegas!!!...money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by mull982
    Does anyone know a good source to find seminars/training on power distributin systems. I am looking to see if there are any good ones coming up in Florida, but any location will do.

As a fairly new engineer in this field I was looking to attend a training seminar to gain a better understanding. I'm looking for a course that will closely resemble the IEEE Red Book.
    Thats a pretty broad field to ask about and the best course would depend of exactly what you are looking to learn about.

(Until about 4 months ago however, the answer would have been me, but I retired from that)

In general Brainfiller (As mentioned above) has excellent courses, AVO in Dallas is pretty good (However, they push thier test equipment), Shermco, NTT (Canada, more NETA testing type of programs). About 2% of what is available is worth your time and money, but there are good ones out there.

Power System Training

Hello All,

I am attending some of the Schweitzer Engineering Labratories University courses. SEL is a great source for training. The classes teach you the applications and also train you how to apply their equipment.

It seems as though everyone is using their stuff these days so I am glad to get the training! Just go to http://www.selinc.com and check out their SEL U courses.

Best regards,

MattP

It's not exactly Florida, but Rocky Mountain Electric League (RMEL) has some great programs throughout the year. http://www.rmel.org