Study Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebell

I know this is Mikes site and I hope it is not taboo to ask this question but here it goes.

In addition to the products published by Mike (Which I have many) I was wondering if anyone has used other resources (i.e Tom Henry or Jim Stallcups) training materials and any feed back on the material. I am in the process of studying for my masters exam.

Joe

Joe
There is only need for so much study material, it seem as though you have plenty. Spend your hard earned money on a local class with someone who has a proven track record. You will benefit more from that then you would additional books.

cadpoint

I C U saw the other thread on Reading Material ... :grin:

I frankly was thinking of asking some co-workers to co-study ... i need to just turn this off and do something other... LOL, yeah right ...

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
cadpoint said:
I frankly was thinking of asking some co-workers to co-study ... i need to just turn this off and do something other... LOL, yeah right ...
Doesn't your employer generously compensate you for your time here? You are staying on top of your game and this benefits all around you.

joebell

Test Questions

Test Questions

The reason I asked for opinions of other study materials is because I was told by my instructor that the testing company (PSI) tends to use questions from from a variety of different resources for the exam. I am also being told that there is currently a 2 month delay in the paper work processing so I just want to keep my nose in the books up to exam day.

Joe

BackInTheHabit

joebell said:
The reason I asked for opinions of other study materials is because I was told by my instructor that the testing company (PSI) tends to use questions from from a variety of different resources for the exam. I am also being told that there is currently a 2 month delay in the paper work processing so I just want to keep my nose in the books up to exam day.

Joe

It's not important to know where the question came from, just how to anwser it. Know how to navigate in your code book. Use tabs to help you locate quicker. Don't be afraid to use a highlighter.

mivey

I attended one live electric exam review class and bought one sample exam book. No problems.

The Iceman

I used Mike Holt's for my Journeyman, passed with no problem. I used Stallcup's Master Electrician's Study Guide for my first County Masters exam and failed.:mad: I have been studying Tom Henry Calculation Exam Questions and Answers book. I'll let you know what I think of his book after my Masters exam tomorrow. I'm so nervous :-? .

peter d

I bought one of Mike's study guides for the two state exams I've taken, and it was quite helpful. I've highly recommend his study guides in the past and I will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.