Business cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

khixxx

I was wondering what type of cards you guys have. Anything special that a client would keep forever, were he would store it under his pillow? colors?

I was thinking of a bi fold with my companies info in the front with an ohms law chart and the inside and back could have formulas ect. for easy field use. How ever most of the guys I will me marketing to won't be in the field. unless I give out about 20 of these cards that he could give to his guys. Not sure how effective that would be.

What type of information would a manager need that he could keep for reference use?

brian john

I have a basic card, I prefer cards that have less junk. When vendors give me one that folds has neons or attached to something I feel they get too fat and a pain to keep. I/we use card scan scan in their cards and box the original other card.

bbaumer

Anymore I dump contact info into Outlook and ditch the cards I get from folks. Especially easy to do if they've emailed me. I think a lot of guys do the same or have the info in their blackberries or similar and don't keep cards for long so I would't get to pricey.

I recently changed my email address and ordered 250 new cards for "free" from www.vistaprint.com. Of course I had to pay $5.72 for shipping and handling.

I just picked one of their standard types and then modified it a little right on the screen. They have tons of base designs to choose from and are easy to modify from there. My wife has ordered from them before with excellent results.

I agree with brian john though, the simpler the better.

bbaumer

Last edited:

khixxx

Thanks guys. I am with you on the Simple part. I guess I am looking for a way so my name is going to be part of someones office.

480sparky

khixxx said:
..... with an ohms law chart and the inside and back could have formulas ect.....

On a business card? Why? You want your customers to start doing their own electrical work?

Name, address, phone, web site, logo, and catch-phrase if you have one. if you haven't sold someone with that much information, you never will.

powerslave

I guess it depends on who your customers are. If you work mainly with GCs I guess simple is the way to go. However for service work I think you need a little more. We do mainly service work and therefore advertise quite a bit more to the general public. As a matter of fact for our next batch of cards we are going to use both sides. On the back will be a list of some of our services.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
powerslave said:
I guess it depends on who your customers are. If you work mainly with GCs I guess simple is the way to go. However for service work I think you need a little more. We do mainly service work and therefore advertise quite a bit more to the general public. As a matter of fact for our next batch of cards we are going to use both sides. On the back will be a list of some of our services.
Sounds like a good practice to me.

khixxx

Sorry maybe I should explain the business. It operates like a temp service. I do most of my work for larger power plants, or other utility facilities. No Residential work. Maybe some commercial work. Most likely I will be dealing with managers, and engineering groups.

480sparky said:
On a business card? Why? You want your customers to start doing their own electrical work?

Name, address, phone, web site, logo, and catch-phrase if you have one. if you haven't sold someone with that much information, you never will.

ultramegabob

khixxx said:
Sorry maybe I should explain the business. It operates like a temp service. I do most of my work for larger power plants, or other utility facilities. No Residential work. Maybe some commercial work. Most likely I will be dealing with managers, and engineering groups.

I had a buisness card someone gave me once that had standard to metric conversions and gallons, quarts, pints, cups to liters, and cc's and such on the back of it.

edit- it also had a Celsius to Fahrenheit and kelvin conversion on it..

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If the Mod Squad has no objections, maybe we could post images of our cards for each other to see. We print our own, so I already have it saved as a file.

Guys?

ceb58

khixxx said:
I was wondering what type of cards you guys have. Anything special that a client would keep forever, were he would store it under his pillow? colors?

I was thinking of a bi fold with my companies info in the front with an ohms law chart and the inside and back could have formulas ect. for easy field use. How ever most of the guys I will me marketing to won't be in the field. unless I give out about 20 of these cards that he could give to his guys. Not sure how effective that would be.

What type of information would a manager need that he could keep for reference use?

Khixxx, if you have your info printed on to $100.00 bills and send me a bunch I promise I will pass them out:grin:

bbaumer

I once had someone ask me "Do you have my card?"

I did not, so I replied "No".

He handed me a card that looked like this:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.