50A 120V RV Receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Funny, I'm installing a 50A circuit for an RV outlet right away (tomorrow). I did not realize an RV only used 120V. Especially the one I'm running the circuit for as it is a large one with two HVAC units. The owner says he can run either 30A or 50A, so I suppose that means only one HVAC at a time if using only the 30A. I also saw where he was using an adapter cord from the RV to a 20A receptacle on the side of his house.

He wants the 50A outlet, so I suppose he intends on being able to run both HVAC units at the same time.
Just to be clear, I installed a double pole 50A breaker in the panel and ran the wiring to the RV disconnect, then to the RV inlet box. Is this correct?
Someone posted you have to use a single pole breaker and that confused me. So with the double pole breaker, the RV will just pull from each leg as needed, ie; each leg and neutral?
Just want to be sure I'm doing this correct. All I like is making the connections in the panel.

30 Amp RV Receptacles are 120v. 1P 30 Amp Breaker for a 30a 120v RV Receptacle Outlet
50 Amp Rv Receptacles are 240v. 2p 50 Amp Breaker for a 50a 240v RV Receptacle Outlet

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Although on the 50 Amp Rv's nothing actually requires 240 volt. They just use 2 Legs of 120v Power,
Which will run both of the AC's along with the other items as you mentioned above.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Think of a 50 Amp RV as a Mobil Home with a 120/240v Service but filled with all 120v appliances.
(No 240v Appliances).

Status
Not open for further replies.