Generlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Well the power comapny would have to be OK with it before I could install it and my feeling is they would say no.

Looks like a real good spot to rip the power company off without being noticed.

iwire said:
Well the power comapny would have to be OK with it before I could install it and my feeling is they would say no.

Looks like a real good spot to rip the power company off without being noticed.

The client that had one already installed indicated the POCO inspector had never seen one before so ran it through the drills (cut pole power, ran generator, etc.) and was impressed with how it functioned and gave it the green light.

mdshunk

They've been advertising them in magazines for a good many years, but I haven't really heard of anyone actually using them.

360Youth

We used to sell and install a similar product but stopped because of the troubles that it gave us. The convenience was a nice feature and did not require as much rewiring.

RUWired

This unit limits the load to just 30 amps. Wouldn't that be a violation of article 702.5(B)2. The pdf file says that it switches to the link during an outage.That would make it an auto transfer switch.Yes,No,maybe?

Nevermind the gen set has to supply the full load of the transfer switch.

Last edited:

360Youth

George Stolz said:
Did I miss the part about what particular troubles it gave you?

It was a switch that was installed on a few jobs before I started with the company so I am not completely sure of the exact problem, but it involved the circuit board. I believe it would not always allow the system to transfer back to utility after power was restored. We decided to change a couple out at our expense just so we wouldn't have to deal with the headache anymore. I justed changed one this week because the house was struck by lightning and damaged the switch and generator.

sandsnow

don_resqcapt19 said:
Larry,
I came up with this in my search of UL.

Don,
I saw that, but I did not think it was an ATS in the traditional sense. It requires an action on the part of the user. A traditional ATS requires no action on the part of the user. I'm probably being too detail orientated here.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I saw this system on display at the annual Seattle Home Show a few years ago. My (admittedly vague) recollection is that the display booth was shared with this company and the local electrical utility. I am certain, at least, that the company claimed to have the utility's blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.