No GFCI breakers, Only Want GFCI Recetacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohmy

On res jobs we often sell additional GFI's in the bathrooms. Most houses loop the bathroom circuits and most people don't want to run downstairs or into their kids bath room to reset a GFI. Especially when your soaking wet and naked.

slick 50

Are you going to line load 1 GFI per oulet or a GFI fed on line side with actual GFI device mounted at each outlet even know it will be the same either way. If you have a fault in any outlet, it is still possible to trip more than one GFI on the circuit. The homeowner makes so many dollars and so little cents:grin:

PetrosA

Seems like they're still in the making, but there's a P+S TR nightlight GFCI that maybe you could talk them into. The light would be a huge added security feature. No stubbed tootsies ;)

480sparky

Seems like they're still in the making, but there's a P+S TR nightlight GFCI that maybe you could talk them into. The light would be a huge added security feature. No stubbed tootsies ;)

All I could find is part # PT1595NT, which is not TR, and is in the PlugTail series.

PT1595NT.jpg

hurk27

Brother, Make sure you explain to these home owners that a GFCI receptacle does not provide any over current protection, it will pass the full current of the branch circuit.

I got this from this statement:
They claim they want the 'fault' limited as much as possible to the receptacles only.

I have had this same request, and it was because of the misunderstanding that they thought the GFCI provided over current protection, after I clued them in that it does not, they changed their mind.:grin:

iwire

Staff member
I have had this same request, and it was because of the misunderstanding that they thought the GFCI provided over current protection, after I clued them in that it does not, they changed their mind.:grin:

I am missing the point entirly here.:-?

M. D.

.......As far as lasting as long as kept dry i see no reason age would affect them. Is added safety with breakers but far less user friendly.

I think a survey that NEMA did a while ago,.. found that out of about 2500 either GFCI breakers or receptacles,.. 22% were not functioning... Recep. actually accounted for about 8% and breakers made up 14% +or- ,.. the oldest being 20 years ,I think.. I read it a while ago ,...quite interesting really. I'm pretty sure they felt age played a role . Also I think it was this survey that led to the load sticker and the smart lock technology.. I post a link ,..if I can find it .

Status
Not open for further replies.