Remote Panelboard and MCC Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiggins

I'll try and set this up as best that I can. I've not run into this before and need a second opinion.

I've got an owner with a multibuilding facility (chemical mixing). They own the overhead distribution system and all pad-mounted transformers.

They are constructing a mixing building and want to build a separate electrical/MCC building. The panelboads and MCC for the mixing building would be located in the electrical/MCC building.
All the lighting and receptacle circuits and motor circuits would be routed from the mixing building to the electrical/MCC building. They are approximately 20 feet apart.

My question, would this comply with 225.31 (2008). There might be 30 plus circuits between the buildings with an MCC and panelboard disconnect in the electrical/MCC building.

dicklaxt

I don't think there is a problem unless I'm not understanding the OP,,what is it that you think is not compliant?

dick

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
225.31 Disconnecting Means. Means shall be provided
for disconnecting all ungrounded conductors that supply or
pass through the building or structure.

I don't understand your issue with 225.31. There does not appear to be any requirement on where the disconnecting means is located.

I would look at 225.30 (E) that seems to specifically allow what they want to do.

whiggins

Thanks guys for your input. I read the entire section again and see your points. It would not appear to be a problem. Sometimes I don't think enough, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.