New Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyryan34

I am looking for a new EC to work for, I am tired of working for my current employer, you have to fight for every raise and i feel like im am just a number. Rite now I am working in arizona on a big job that they have. I live in wisconson, i am getting tired of working on the road.

With the job market rite now do you thing I should stay with them?
Either way it still cant hurt to look, does any one know any EC that are hiring in Wisconsion?

wawireguy

Another thing, have the wife, gf, parents, scope out big local construction. Find out who's doing it. Sounds like you're big commercial. Bet you can get on local.

zappy

Join your local I.B.E.W

Join your local I.B.E.W

Then you don't have to fight for every raise.;)

charlie

Be careful

Be careful

zappy said:
Be careful, this will not digress into a union versus merit shop discussion.
icon4.gif

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
zappy said:

Raises aren't much good if there are no projects to work on.

I think the EC market is going to be tight for a while until the excess supply in the home building market works its way out.

Find some place to hunker down for now. When things pick up, go find the best gig you can and enjoy another 3 or 4 or 5 years of 20+ hours a week of OT.

jrannis

wawireguy said:
Another thing, have the wife, gf, parents, scope out big local construction. Find out who's doing it. Sounds like you're big commercial. Bet you can get on local.

Thats a worthy suggestion as well as checking with other empolyment organizations. Maybe the comment about raises was out of line, but it's entirely true.
Not everybody is comfortable asking for a raise. Then again, those that do, either make more money or switch contractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.