Honest critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I'm looking for honest critique. I placed an ad on Craigslist looking for help for a few days, and someone emailed me saying I should have my wife write my ads because it comes off like I'm an a-hole. I can't see it. Here's the exact ad. What do you think?

I need help for 3 days this coming week.
From Johnson County to Platte City.

New construction and remodel
All residential

Please - if you're a maintenance man, handyman, commercial or industrial electrician, please don't inquire. If you've never had a full time job as a new construction residential electrician, please don't inquire.

You must have your own transportation
If you can't be on time, please no.

Good pay for good help

Paid cash on Wednesday

No subs

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Laborer's might object to excluding them without a driver's license, etc..

Rivals may object to advertising cash without workman's comp., since any resulting sting projects will nab them too.

Either way, some angry troll on Craigslist derives satisfaction by calling you names.

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I'm looking for honest critique. I placed an ad on Craigslist looking for help for a few days, and someone emailed me saying I should have my wife write my ads because it comes off like I'm an a-hole. I can't see it. Here's the exact ad. What do you think?

I need help for 3 days this coming week.
From Johnson County to Platte City.

New construction and remodel
All residential

Please - if you're a maintenance man, handyman, commercial or industrial electrician, please don't inquire. If you've never had a full time job as a new construction residential electrician, please don't inquire.

You must have your own transportation
If you can't be on time, please no.

Good pay for good help

Paid cash on Wednesday

No subs
It's still there but here it is again.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Can you elaborate?

Anyone who thinks your demands are excessive, probably had to provide entry-level training for similar help, or use temp agencies w/payroll deductions, after some rat got them prosecuted for workman's comp violations.

They're just jealous you haven't learned that lesson yet.

I can see how it could come across as you being a jerk.... but on the other hand I know how frustrating it is posting on craigslist and the type of replies you typically get. When I write CL ads I am typically very blunt like yours, and I say what I want and why I don't want to try to weed out a zillion stupid replies.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
Most ads I see these days on CL or FB market or wherever, are getting very blunt.

There’s just a great deal of real idiots out there, and you need to weed them out.

I don’t see anything wrong with the ad, (except the cash part).

I also don’t see you getting anyone qualified to respond in this market. 😳🤣

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Most ads I see these days on CL or FB market or wherever, are getting very blunt.

There’s just a great deal of real idiots out there, and you need to weed them out.

I don’t see anything wrong with the ad, (except the cash part).

I also don’t see you getting anyone qualified to respond in this market. 😳🤣
I can't imagine he will get anyone that he approves for less than $500 a day that would work for no benefits and no wc and no liability insurance and I doubt he is willing to pay that.

Buck Parrish

I feel your pain James, I once posted an add that I didn't get any calls on at all. My wife said I should not have posted as one of the requirements - "Must have most all your teeth, especially in the front"

But that was in Terre Haute 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.