4"RGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Hello. I know there are many variables. But generally speaking.

have 4- 4" conduit in trench that are being concrete encased( by others). point to point footage is 5,000'
Being able to get truck right up to where your laying conduits and assuming the trench is opened and available for conduits and very few offsets/bends. I'd assume you would use prefab elbows and not bend.
Do you think you think 2 guys could get a 80-100' in a 7 hour day?

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
With no bends that seems like a very low number. You roll the RMC into the trench and then use a few wraps of rope around it to spin it in.
thank you. Rope to spin into the coupling? How they heck could you do that? You mean not even get into the trench?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
thank you. Rope to spin into the coupling? How they heck could you do that? You mean not even get into the trench?
No, you get in the trench and you use a short length of rope wrapped around the pipe and you pull up on one side which spins the pipe into the coupling. You 80-100' per day is barely one length of pipe per hour for two men. If you can estimate that little pipe per day and get the job you should definitely make money. ;)

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I took the 80-100' per day to mean along the trench, not per pipe. So it'd be 4 lengths of pipe for the 4 conduits, if they come in 10' lengths.

Cheers, Wayne
I meant installing about 4-5 10' sticks. so total of about 80-100' in one day with two men.
BTW, trench about 6-8' deep.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Aaahh. Thanks.. Here it shows sloped. Good info I appreciate that. I know it shows two conduits.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    189.8 KB · Views: 23

macmikeman

I think I might try setting it all together on the surface level first and then shoving it one by one into the trench the complete length in one shot each. (Might need a backhoe perhaps to assist in the "shoving" part of this idea.)

zooby

Occupation
maint. electrician
I think I might try setting it all together on the surface level first and then shoving it one by one into the trench the complete length in one shot each. (Might need a backhoe perhaps to assist in the "shoving" part of this idea.)
man...with rigid? i'd be worried with that. but hey, i'm not mr. rgc either.

Status
Not open for further replies.