It’s all about the little details

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I see a lot of posts bashing inspectors, but I believe most electricians here would not look an inspector in the eyes and expect work like this to be approved. This was the second inspection too. I should add, this also needs a brace kit because there is a 90• and 2 couplings underneath that. It’s also crooked from 2 angles and none of the circuits were connected at the second inspection,,,,,etc,,,etc,,,

Attachments

• D91C4D58-0FC6-4EF0-94BB-CD69F8CFD6E4.jpeg
    D91C4D58-0FC6-4EF0-94BB-CD69F8CFD6E4.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 191

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I see a lot of posts bashing inspectors, but I believe most electricians here would not look an inspector in the eyes and expect work like this to be approved. This was the second inspection too. I should add, this also needs a brace kit because there is a 90• and 2 couplings underneath that. It’s also crooked from 2 angles and none of the circuits were connected at the second inspection,,,,,etc,,,etc,,,
Hey, it looks fine...if it was Dr. Seuss' house.

norcal

If you have some time this is a 200+ page thread that will blow your mind on the garbage that is submitted for inspection. Might even start from the back to see the latest abominations, not all are electrical, but take place in unnamed jurisdictions in Southern California.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I've had my go rounds with inspectors and would like to harm a few of them but I am with you on this. I know you see a lot of junk out there.

jap

Occupation
Electrician

Why would a 90 and 2 couplings below this riser require a brace kit?

JAP>

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Coupling after the last support

Interesting.

It doesn't seem there's one above the roof line, but, for that matter, the pipe is not shown at all coming down the outside, so not sure what we're looking at to begin with.

JAP>

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I wouldn't be concerned about the couplings unless they were above the roof line. There should be some sort of strapping below that.

Me either.

Just trying to figure out what code violation we're looking at here.

JAP>

jap

Occupation
Electrician
They may simply be forward thinkers preparing for the overhead to get attached to the mast and a tree to fall on it to bend it back straight.

JAP>

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
where does it say in the code what angle it has to be at?

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Where in the code does it say that an electrical panel should not be installed at a 45 degree angle? It doesn’t! The code says in a neat and workman like manner.

So it's not a violation.

JAP>

Tulsa Electrician

Occupation
Electrician
As far as brace kit goes. Is the a local rule that requires one if there is no point of attachment on the pipe.

An area that I worked in had a rule if point of attachment was three feet or greater above roof than a brace kit was required.

Status
Not open for further replies.