Wyoming Bans Electric Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
The information at the linked site is useful, and of interest to our members. The sarcastic quotes in the OP are the type of political discussion we do not allow, even in Campfire Chat, so I have edited them out.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
So it was just a symbolic retaliatory response to California's legislation that would phase out petroleum powered vehicles.

It reminds me of something that happened years ago between Texas and Louisiana. The Texas legislature introduced a bill that would ban the sale of Dixie Blackened Voodoo beer in the state, claiming a reference to the occult in the name and the label art. In response, the Louisiana legislature evaluated the label art on Lone Star beer and declared the star symbol to be a satanist pentagram; they introduced a bill that would ban the sale of Lone Star beer in Louisiana. The Texas legislature relented.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Oh, there are probably a million of them. My "favorite" is the chicken tax that makes it all but impossible to import European light trucks.
Toyota got around the tax by importing the trucks without a bed. The bed would be installed in the states. In Chile, a company vehicle has to be a truck, so they would buy crew cab S-10’s. They were able to get them way before the US saw them.

retirede

Toyota got around the tax by importing the trucks without a bed. The bed would be installed in the states. In Chile, a company vehicle has to be a truck, so they would buy crew cab S-10’s. They were able to get them way before the US saw them.

It was either Isuzu or Subaru, I can’t remember which, that put seats in the bed to get around it.

What Wyoming passed is a non-binding resolution. It’s just blow-hard politicians doing what they do….waste time and resources.

tthh

Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you've been to Wyoming, there is enough wind in that state to power the entire West. And, I might not even be exaggerating.

hillbilly1

Occupation
It was either Isuzu or Subaru, I can’t remember which, that put seats in the bed to gedo…

It was probably Subaru, the BRAT. (Bi Drive All Terrain vehicle) LOL! It had jump seats in the bed.

hillbilly1

Occupation
The problem is, it is people in the big cities that push this stuff. Fine for the big city, but not even close to being practical outside the suburbs, but they want to make everybody do it.

Sea Nile

Occupation
Electrician
That's funny, California is actually trying to ban petroleum burning vehicles and no one is allowed to be outraged. But Wyoming is only joking about banning electric vehicles to poke fun at California and people are having a meltdown.

Good for the Goose good for the Gander if you ask me.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
That's funny, California is actually trying to ban petroleum burning vehicles and no one is allowed to be outraged. But Wyoming is only joking about banning electric vehicles to poke fun at California and people are having a meltdown.
Who is having a meltdown?

Sea Nile

Occupation
Electrician
Who is having a meltdown?
That's just the perception I get. It seems to me a lot of people get really defensive when anyone says something negative about electric vehicles. And I notice that if I ever try to present any information on the negative environmental impact of electric vehicles or the negative impact on the societies that have to gather the resources my post gets promptly deleted. I really don't understand why hearing both sides of the electric vehicle debate on an electrical forum is controversial. But I guess some people must have had a meltdown and complained because if no one melted down I wouldn't have been censored.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
try to present any information on the negative environmental impact of electric vehicles or the negative impact on the societies that have to gather the resources my post gets promptly deleted.
Plenty of lithium criticism sticks on this forum. We were calling it "Bat Crap" 2-weeks ago, and nothing was deleted.

Opinion sticks better with references to your authority, links that people can vet for credibility themselves.

Sea Nile

Occupation
Electrician
True, but again I'm just stating the perception I get and by no means am I claiming that my perception is fact. Also, since the post was deleted, I can't point to it and show that my source was an on the ground CBS reporter that showed first had footage, so it's irrelevant anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.