350 MCM Quadplex.

nizak

Would anyone be able to give me an approximate reel size that I could expect 300’ of 350 MCM aluminum Quadplex direct burial to be on?

Supplier is closed today so I can’t get info from them.

Also, could one man pull this off the spool ( set up on a pipe between supports on a trailer) and lay in in a trench

I know the weight, just unsure if one guy could handle un reeling it.

Thanks for any insight or tips.

kwired

Electron manager
What really matters is inner spool diameter and how tightly they can wrap around it. Only 300 feet will be something they pull off a larger reel and re wrap onto whatever they find that may work for this. Size you end up getting could vary and may possibly be something larger than needed to contain what is on it. I'd expect though it will be at least 3 foot diameter reel but wouldn't be surprised if it is larger either.

nizak

What really matters is inner spool diameter and how tightly they can wrap around it. Only 300 feet will be something they pull off a larger reel and re wrap onto whatever they find that may work for this. Size you end up getting could vary and may possibly be something larger than needed to contain what is on it. I'd expect though it will be at least 3 foot diameter reel but wouldn't be surprised if it is larger either.
Could you see one person being able to handle pulling it off?