battery + PV disconnect label

Zee

When combining both AC battery and PV inverter outputs in a separate combuner box........then inter-connecting to the MSP through a single breaker for both ESS and PV............ do I label PV Inverter output Amps and Battery Inverter Amps separately or put down a total for both on label?

(details:
(2) Enphase Encharge-5P-1P-NA, 5.0 kWh .......2x16A
&
(18) Enphase IQ8M-72-M-US, 240V Microinverters.........24.3 A)

so would i label:
32A ESS
24.3 A INV

or

56.3 A INV output ?

Last edited:

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I've been doing the combined output. Note that 705 is agnostic as to which type of power source you're installing or if it's multiple types. If you're limiting the total output using PCS then put the PCS limit.

If you feel the need to label them separately so that people know the max amps from each, do that in the combiner.

Reactions: Zee

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Note that as far as I know it's not even required in the 2020 NEC to put the amps on the label in the main panel. I'm not even sure it's required anymore for the PV system disconnecting means, I can't find that in 690 anymore. There's other labeling still required (e.g. 'Do not relocate this ovecurrent device.') But I'm not sure we need to put the max operating amps anymore. I do it anyway out of habit and to help get plans approved I guess. Kinda strange how that disappeared without my really noticing.

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Note that as far as I know it's not even required in the 2020 NEC to put the amps on the label in the main panel. I'm not even sure it's required anymore for the PV system disconnecting means, I can't find that in 690 anymore. There's other labeling still required (e.g. 'Do not relocate this ovecurrent device.') But I'm not sure we need to put the max operating amps anymore. I do it anyway out of habit and to help get plans approved I guess. Kinda strange how that disappeared without my really noticing.
huh! Surprising, thx.