Bonding neutral at a pedestal for RV parks

reyamkram

I have five to 200 amp disconnects each disconnect the neutral and ground are bonded and these are the service disconnects and then they feed individual 30 amp pedestals in RV Park question since the neutral and ground are bonded at the disconnect I should not Bond each pedestal would that be correct

At the same pedestals if there is a ground rod at the pedestals do I not Bond the neutral ground near the pedestals if a groundwater is installed or do I Bond the ground in neutral at the pedestal at the ground rod is installed

Thank you all for any and all information it's very much appreciated

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
At the 30 amp pedestals bond your ground rod to the EGC. Leave the neutral floating on anything other than the service disconnects where your neutral/EGC/GES bonding should be.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
There is no Code requirement for a ground rod at the pedestals. If local jurisdiction is requiring one, follow Dsg's lead.

reyamkram

At the 30 amp pedestals bond your ground rod to the EGC. Leave the neutral floating on anything other than the service disconnects where your neutral/EGC/GES bonding should be.
So basically I will be treating the 30 amp pedestals just like sub panels and thank you very much for the information

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
Your OP mentions RV park and 30 amp receptacles. Take note that at an RV park the NEC requires 40% of the sites to have 50 amp receptacles.
(see 555.71)

reyamkram

There is no Code requirement for a ground rod at the pedestals. If local jurisdiction is requiring one, follow Dsg's lead.
Thank you I do appreciate your
Your OP mentions RV park and 30 amp receptacles. Take note that at an RV park the NEC requires 40% of the sites to have 50 amp receptacles.
(see 555.71)
The RV Park in question was built in the 90s I have 2/0 aluminum wire all Underground to install new wiring that would be too much of an expense for the customer the customer would like some 50 amp receptacles installed he even asked me if he removed one 30 amp receptacle and install a 50 amp receptacle he could possibly overload the system from what I understand the problem will come in during High demands summer months do you have any suggestions on how to add some 50 amp receptacles to the system I have six 240 200 amp service disconnects at this point I'm not too sure how many pedal Stills are on each disconnect I do appreciate any and all information and I do thank you for your reply

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
If you have 2/0 AL feeders on a 200 amp breaker there is already a violation so demand factors would not apply

reyamkram

On one disconnect I have six pedestals each pedestal has 230 amp receptacles with 110 volt receptacle
Second one has five pedestals with 2:30 amp and 120 amp receptacle
The third one has seven pedestals with two 30 amp receptacles and 120 of receptacle on each pedestal the fourth one has four pedestals each with two 30 amp receptacles and one 20 amp receptacle
The fifth one has five pedestals each with two 30 amp receptacles and one 20 amp receptacle
The sixth one has six pedestals each with 230 amp receptacles and one 20 amp receptacle

I do thank you very much for your reply and information

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
You can run the numbers using 551.73
The feeder with the 7 pedestals could have one changed to a 50 ans still meet Code.
The others would likely allow more than 1 but I only ran the numbers for the one with the most pedestals.