Conduit bonding on both ends?

Dale001289

We have rigid galvanized steel conduit from a JB enclosure with scrutite Myers hubs. At the other conduit end, the cable drops out into a false floor but it is not bonded. Doesn’t the conduit have to be bonded where it drops out? Or is the Myers hub on just one end sufficient bonding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaiah

Occupation
Electrical Inspector
We have rigid galvanized steel conduit from a JB enclosure with scrutite Myers hubs. At the other conduit end, the cable drops out into a false floor but it is not bonded. Doesn’t the conduit have to be bonded where it drops out? Or is the Myers hub on just one end sufficient bonding?

I believe one end is all that’s needed as long as the cable has an EGC

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
The only place the code explicitly requires bonding on both ends is for a conduit that contains a GEC. Otherwise bonding bushings on both ends would only be necessary if you are relying on the conduit as the EGC and you either don't have metallic enclosures or your mechanical connections somehow don't meet bonding requirements.

I wonder if anyone can still post that flow chart.

Dale001289

The only place the code explicitly requires bonding on both ends is for a conduit that contains a GEC. Otherwise bonding bushings on both ends would only be necessary if you are relying on the conduit as the EGC and you either don't have metallic enclosures or your mechanical connections somehow don't meet bonding requirements.

I wonder if anyone can still post that flow chart.

Basically you just bond at one end, if you are pulling an equipment ground. You are making sure the raceway system is securely grounded. If the raceway system is being used as an equipment ground, you need to bond at both ends