Fuji Frenic mini vfd

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Most of the vid’s I’ve installed have a drive enable input. But this one doesn’t. The problem is, when power is removed for a period of time, the drive does not automatically restart, the run button on the drive has to be pressed to bring the drive back on line. This is a problem, because the drive is located in the control cabinet on a five ton bridge crane. I changed the trolley control to a freq drive because the trolley starts too quick, and swings the 3000 lb pallet of very breakable glass. The drive works perfectly other than having to restart it. They turn and lockout the crane to prevent unauthorized users from using it. I’ve went through the programming, and set everything the manual says to automatically enable it after power failure, but still does not automatically reset. Has anybody had this situation?

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Did you buy the drive new or used/surplus? If used/surplus or from some unauthorized source, I always recommend doing a full reset to factory defaults prior to entering my programming. You never know what someone else may have entered before you.

Usually there is some sort of programming that says “Run on power up” or “Return to previous state on power up”, words to that extent. I’ve only used one Fuji drive, back when GE used to brand label them. I don’t recall having had to deal with that. Got a part number for the drive or a link to the manual for it? I like a good VFD challenge, haven’t had one for a few weeks.