Help with Acuity Controls

kaveenkw123

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hello i am struggling to verify if my proposed controls options will work.
If a class room has three rows of lighting with a dedicated switch for each, Can i install one rLSXR (cutsheet attached) knockout mount sensor on each row to control the lighting?
EC says that this will not work and is supposed to be installed for individual light fixtures and not for a row of lighting. Acuity confirmed that this can work for a zone of light fixtures. I was thinking this can be installed on the edge of the row with incoming power and that way it can interrupt the flow to turn off the lights on vacancy. Picture for reference.
Any advise is appreciated. Thankyou

1714423759937.png

Attachments

• rlsxr.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
It has a listed current rating (below) which if you do not exceed it how will the light or the sensor know how many fixtures are being controlled?

Maximum Load: 450W for 120-277VAC, 720W for 347-480VAC

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
I was thinking this can be installed on the edge of the row with incoming power and that way it can interrupt the flow to turn off the lights on vacancy.
It will work but you need all 0-10 volt ballasts in those fixtures. It does not interrupt the power like a traditional passive PIR. It will control the lights via the 0-10 control to each ballast. if you don't have 0-10v in the fixtures already then this won't work for you.

1714494157670.png

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
It will work but you need all 0-10 volt ballasts in those fixtures. It does not interrupt the power like a traditional passive PIR. It will control the lights via the 0-10 control to each ballast. if you don't have 0-10v in the fixtures already then this won't work for you.

View attachment 2571427
What do you think the blue wire is for. The violet and pink are only needed if you are going to have dimming.