Kitchen Under Cabinet Lighting

JoeNorm

Just be aware that it has a 180⁰ beam angle.

I put it under a Euro-style vanity without channel because there was no face frame to hide it.

It cast a turquoise light from the floor up to 14 inches, with a crisp cutoff
Thanks, I never put too much thought into the beam angle but I will now!

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
American Lightning has some great options.
Very easy to work with. You can cut them at specific points that are less than 2"".
Here is one spec sheet for example.

Attachments

• _SpecSheet_AML-HTL-COB.pdf
    684.2 KB · Views: 7
I must be old school, I hate that tape(for this application)still like these. Low profile and I feel they spread the light better.
I'm with you, I guess we are the odd men out here. I like a decent quality LED strip fixture like those you linked. Hardwire line voltage and with interconnect cables for additional in the same upper space. I don't have time to mess with glue, remote drivers, cutting channels, etc.

NoahsArc

Occupation
Residential Electrician
GM lighting is the big brand locally as well.

They have LED strips with 30deg beam angles and sheet LEDs for countertops, which gives some added options, wallwashing with an LED strip etc.

kec

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I prefer the WAC InvisilLED Tape lighting system. It hides up behide the front edge of cab and lights entire work area of counter. Seperate driver and all LV wiring in cab area. Cut to size and linkable to multiple linear sections.
View attachment 2570807
Useful on up lighting in rooms around crowns also due to small profile.
View attachment 2570808
My go to also. Wac has 12' leads you can run each back to the driver in a close cabinet.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Why there?
It was the only access to electricity in a vertical (between studs) direction, other than counter receptacles.

Plus, directly above the dishwasher, under the cabinet, next to the sink, was the ideal place for the switch.