Mike Holt Residential Load Calculator - Broken?

wwwarrick

Occupation
Electrician
Hey there follow electrical experts. I was looking to use what looks like and awesome residential load calculation spreadsheet from the "free stuff" part of the site, but it does not seem to have the drop-down menus required to allow it to operate/function normally. Does anybody have a solution to get that spreadsheet working properly? I think part of the issue is that it loads in compatibility mode, which may be breaking the tables and menus. So when I save and open in Excel, it is in a "broken" state.

Link to spreadsheet:

wwwarrick

Occupation
Electrician
okay, I think I figured it out. I was left-clicking on the link, then saving it. When I did that, none of the drop-down menus showed up and the tables were broken. When I right-click on the link and save it, it downloads and works just fine. Thank you @Dennis Alwon for helping me troubleshoot and figure it out!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
okay, I think I figured it out. I was left-clicking on the link, then saving it. When I did that, none of the drop-down menus showed up and the tables were broken. When I right-click on the link and save it, it downloads and works just fine. Thank you @Dennis Alwon for helping me troubleshoot and figure it out!
Glad you have it working