Selecting a surge protector for

sunny1

Occupation
electrician
I would like to add surge protection to a Square D I-line panelboard at one of our facilities and I am confused about the MCOV rating of the surge protector below. It is a 3phase 120/240 service with a 208v high leg, so I believe this is the right one, but I don't understand how the MCOV is 150v. The L-G voltage of the service has to be lower than the MCOV of the SPD, so how would this work with the high leg? I used the picture below for this post, but it says the same thing in the square d catalog.

Thanks ahead of time.
1714434574176.png

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
In the product details, it shows H, L, N, and G; apparently, H refers to the high-leg line.

The 150v rating should probably have another, higher number next to it.

sunny1

Occupation
electrician
In the product details, it shows H, L, N, and G; apparently, H refers to the high-leg line.

The 150v rating should probably have another, higher number next to it.
Thanks for the response, that's what I thought too. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something. I will see if my supplier can clarify as that is the only MCOV rating on the data sheet that I could find. 120/240 high leg delta indicates a three phase service with 120v on two phases and 208 on the high leg, with 240v L-L unless there is another configuration I am unaware of?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I will see if my supplier can clarify as that is the only MCOV rating on the data sheet that I could find. 120/240 high leg delta indicates a three phase service with 120v on two phases and 208 on the high leg, with 240v L-L unless there is another configuration I am unaware of?
What is the MCOV for a 208Y unit?

They probably combine two 120v and one 208v device.

sunny1

Occupation
electrician
Looks like it is also 150 v on the 208y. I must be overthinking this, it's the device designed for the service I have, I just wanted to triple check because they are very expensive. I was thinking about it and if the MCOV was like 230v or something that wouldn't be good either because I wouldn't be protecting the 120v phases until the surge surpassed 230v correct? Thanks again for the response.