Trailer bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regedit024

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I know this has probably been talked about somewhere but i haven't been able to put my finger on it. Can someone tell me where to look to find out what size wire i would use for bonding two halves of a commercial trailer together? The main service is a free standing 600A 3 phase 208v panel on a backboard fed with parallel 350's which feeds several 90A subs. What i want to do is bond all the trailers together to minimize potential between them for lightening protection. Is this considered just a regular ebj? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regedit024

Correct, each 90A sub is fed with single ph 4w system including #4 egc as well as each panel being bonded to the structure of the building containing it. My intention now is to install mech lugs on the steel members where each half of the trailers and basically daisy chain them all together. Otherwise we have problems with lightning taking out parts of the fire alarm and intercom systems that are common to all the buildings. My thoughts are, all i really need is to provide a path that has less impedance than the conductors from the lv systems..

Status
Not open for further replies.