grounding and bonding several houses services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sirs,

I have the following doubt:

I was thinking how to do the grounding and bonding of a group of services for several houses that are sharing the same feeder raceway, could you please check the image that is attached and tell me if it is ok, or in any case could you tell me how do you do this kind of connections in USA according to the code.

I know that the neutral and grounding conductors should be bonding only in one point of the service.

Note: the text in the image is in spanish but i think the idea is understandable, if it is not please tell me in order to change it.

Regards,
Minor R.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2016-10-09 at 2.59.19 PM.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2016-10-09 at 2.59.19 PM.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Dear Sirs,

I have the following doubt:

I was thinking how to do the grounding and bonding of a group of services for several houses that are sharing the same feeder raceway, could you please check the image that is attached and tell me if it is ok, or in any case could you tell me how do you do this kind of connections in USA according to the code.

I know that the neutral and grounding conductors should be bonding only in one point of the service.

Note: the text in the image is in spanish but i think the idea is understandable, if it is not please tell me in order to change it.

Regards,
Minor R.

I am sorry, i made a mistake in the picture, in the superior cable duct, the grounding electrode conductor should be connected to the neutral, not to the line... or it would be a huge problem. :D

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Don't worry about the Spanish. Your picture is too small (low resolution) to read it anyway. :lol:

You only need to bond the GEC to the neutral once if it is before the Service Entrance splits to each meter (i.e. in the upper wireway [aka trough, duct]).

Bond the Neutrals to the Grounding Bus in each Service Disconnecting Means.

Lower wireway is not necessary.

Don't worry about the Spanish. Your picture is too small (low resolution) to read it anyway. :lol:

You only need to bond the GEC to the neutral once if it is before the Service Entrance splits to each meter (i.e. in the upper wireway [aka trough, duct]).

Lower wireway is not necessary.

Hi Smart,

Thanks for your prompt answer,

When you say "bond the neutral to the Grounding Bus in each service disconnecting means", you mean that from the bar that is in the disconnector of each service to take two cables to each panelboard installed in each house, one cable for grounding bar and other one for the neutral bar. (please see the attached image, i think it has a better resolution :D)

Regards,
Minor R.

Attachments

• medidores.jpg
    medidores.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 3

Smart $

Esteemed Member
When you say "bond the neutral to the Grounding Bus in each service disconnecting means", you mean that from the bar that is in the disconnector of each service to take two cables to each panelboard installed in each house, one cable for grounding bar and other one for the neutral bar. (please see the attached image, i think it has a better resolution :D)
Correct (on both counts ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.