Grounding/Bonding Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a project that I'm on, we are installing a remote electrical control bldg. The interior of the building is halo'd by a 12" alu. cable tray. Ground wire comes up from ground rod enters the bldg. and bonds the cable tray in several places. The several conduit that come up from various pieces of equipment are bonded to the cable tray, including the ground wire out of the electrical panels. Does this seem kosher?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
One additional piece of info is quite pertinent here. Does the "Ground wire [that] comes up from ground rod" connect to the grounding bus in the building's disconnecting means?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
On a project that I'm on, we are installing a remote electrical control bldg. The interior of the building is halo'd by a 12" alu. cable tray. Ground wire comes up from ground rod enters the bldg. and bonds the cable tray in several places. The several conduit that come up from various pieces of equipment are bonded to the cable tray, including the ground wire out of the electrical panels. Does this seem kosher?

Kosher or not what you are describing in and of itself does not violate any code I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.