X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Jamesco;1994739]
    Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post

Dennis,

Thanks for setting me straight on the gas meter dielectric fitting/s. I checked my meter after reading your post. Not only does my meter have the fitting on the customer side of the meter it also has one on the supply side of the meter. The short supply side metallic riser gas pipe is insulated from the meter by a dielectric fitting. (I verified checking for continuity with a meter. The gas meter is isolated at both ends.) I learned something new today.

As for the NEC not allowing the gas pipe to be used as an electrode I already knew that. I just always thought the reasoning was because it is a gas line.

I think that is a major reason, they don't want to make it become an electrode as much as possible in case of the worst possibility.

Direct lightning strik to a building, it very likely still carries at least some of the current.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jamesco;1994739]
      Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post

Dennis,

Thanks for setting me straight on the gas meter dielectric fitting/s. I checked my meter after reading your post. Not only does my meter have the fitting on the customer side of the meter it also has one on the supply side of the meter. The short supply side metallic riser gas pipe is insulated from the meter by a dielectric fitting. (I verified checking for continuity with a meter. The gas meter is isolated at both ends.) I learned something new today.

As for the NEC not allowing the gas pipe to be used as an electrode I already knew that. I just always thought the reasoning was because it is a gas line.

Hey you showed me the info on Csst that would not allow the bonding thru the sub panel....--
      They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
      She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
      I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

Working...
      X