CSST Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I've never had to do this. Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like? I've seen some illustrations but am having trouble visualizing.

Thanks!

Ohms law

Is this not a mechanical code? Either way im pretty sure around here mechanical contractors bond it to the ufer ground or hire an electrician if no ufer ground is present.

One other thing I don't believe many contractors install is the thin wall pipe around my area, they install the thicker wall flexible pipe due to no bonding required and a less chance of developing pin holes from near by lighting strike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Is this not a mechanical code? Either way im pretty sure around here mechanical contractors bond it to the ufer ground or hire an electrician if no ufer ground is present.

One other thing I don't believe many contractors install is the thin wall pipe around my area, they install the thicker wall flexible pipe due to no bonding required and a less chance of developing pin holes from near by lighting strike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is a gas code issue, not a mechanical code. Some areas allow non-electrical contractors to do the bonding while others don't. BTW, the thicker walled stuff does not require bonding per the manufacturer's instructions however, the gas code still requires it, I believe.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for the video Dennis.

So, you either bond the regular black gas pipe or the fitting on the CSST?

Status
Not open for further replies.