• Show
Clear All

• infinity
    replied
    How close to the pool is this drain?

Leave a comment:

• Mystic Pools
    replied
    Plastic way to go. There are few companies that makes custom stone grates if that's appealing.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Alwon
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockedby277v View Post
    Why couldn’t I run a #8 solid the entire length and run a tail off to each piece of grate indivually? I would still need to find a acceptable method for attaching .... a lug with a through bolt will create issues and it isnt really thick enough to drill and tap ....
    You could do that but again the connections will be difficult. Why not push for plastic. The metal seems absolutely insane.

Leave a comment:

• Shockedby277v
    replied
    Why couldn’t I run a #8 solid the entire length and run a tail off to each piece of grate indivually? I would still need to find a acceptable method for attaching .... a lug with a through bolt will create issues and it isnt really thick enough to drill and tap ....

Leave a comment:

• PaulMmn
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockedby277v View Post
    Yes exactly that. I would need to run a jumper between each grate
    If not a jumper, a guaranteed-not-to-fail clip or lug that will re-connect a section of grate to the bonding system when it's replaced. Sort of like the lugs on the back of a meter. And this clip/lug will not fail after years of being removed and replaced by non-electrician life guards &c.

You'd have to have a continuous bar along the entire trench, with clips/lugs spaced to accept the grate, otherwise removing a section of grate would remove the bonding as well.

Leave a comment:

• Shockedby277v
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulMmn View Post
    Are the grates removable to remove debris from the trench? Complicates the bonding... James bonding...
    Yes exactly that. I would need to run a jumper between each grate

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Alwon
    replied
    Wow, that would be a pain. IMO, you should insist that the grates be plastic

Leave a comment:

• PaulMmn
    replied
    Are the grates removable to remove debris from the trench? Complicates the bonding... James bonding...

Leave a comment:

• Shockedby277v
    started a topic Pool bonding

Pool bonding

There is a metal grate on a floor trench drain around a swimming pool. It goes around the entire pool with lengths of 10' for the metal grate. The trench drain itself is plastic. Anyone find a clean & quick way to bond these before? I will need to run a jumper between each section I plan to penetrate the side of the trench drain to somehow bond it.

TIA
Working...
X