Two family with house meter bond and grounding question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am working on a two family house with three gang meter sockets. three 100 amp main breaker panels .
I am replacing one panel so have to upgrade grounding. my question is where does water main ground go? To the first panel neutral bar? and ground rod to all panels in and out from neutral to neutral and does it have to be continuous unbroken. from panel to panel. what are my options? Thank you in advance

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Hi
I am working on a two family house with three gang meter sockets. three 100 amp main breaker panels .

Three meter sockets in one common enclosure? Where is the service disconnect in relation to the main breaker panels?

I am replacing one panel so have to upgrade grounding. my question is where does water main ground go? To the first panel neutral bar? and ground rod to all panels in and out from neutral to neutral and does it have to be continuous unbroken. from panel to panel. what are my options? Thank you in advance

Upgrade why? What is there now?

YES Three meter sockets in one common enclosure.
NO service disconnect. Each panel is feed from the meter enclosure and all three panel have 100 amp main breakers.

Hi

See 250.64(D). That gives you the options for the earthing connections for multiple service disconnect enclosures. I generally find the "common location" method made in the meter to be the easiest for multi gang sockets without disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.