bonding jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
whats would be the service bonding jumpers for 6 parallel runs of 600mcm for a 2500a service Is it 1/0 copper from table for 600mcm? I will have a pull box between the CT can and switchboard> would i need to install bonding bushings inside the pull box or only as it enters MDP

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
For SEC's you can size the bonding jumper for each separate raceway based on the conductors within each raceway according to T250.102(C). {250.102(C)(2)}

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
For SEC's you can size the bonding jumper for each separate raceway based on the conductors within each raceway according to T250.102(C). {250.102(C)(2)}

would I need to install SBJ at Pull box and MDP for each conduit or just MDP?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
would I need to install SBJ at Pull box and MDP for each conduit or just MDP?

For raceways with SEC's within them you only need to bond them at one end with a method beyond a standard locknut. Personally (unless required by spec) if those are full size KO's I would use a bonding locknut and forget the wire type jumpers.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If for some reason you do elect to bond individual conduits by a jumper you can do so with a 1/0 to each.
If you use one jumper for all or you are bond ingany pull box/cabinet by means of a jumper you would need to size it at 12-1/2% of the sum of the conductor kcmil (6 X 600000 X .125 = 450,000 = 500 kcmil)

Status
Not open for further replies.