1200a panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
we have a 1200a 277480v sub panel h1 section 1 and 2. Section 1 is main for section 2. due to their close proximity we want to use flex conduit. is it required to bond the both ends of flex with bonding bushings ? if so do i use table 250.122 for jumper or is not even required?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You'll need a wire type EGC with the feeder in the FMC. If there are no concentric or eccentric KO's then no bonding bushings required.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
You'll need a wire type EGC with the feeder in the FMC. If there are no concentric or eccentric KO's then no bonding bushings required.

when would you say a bonding bushing is needed? I know with concentric and ecentric and service entrance conductors but what other reason you would need.? I always hear different requirements for bonding bushings and locknuts

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Since you're over 250 volts to ground with your feeder you'll only need them with concentric and eccentric KO's and FMC. For a service raceway that contains SEC's you need to bond one end of the raceway with something beyond a standard locknut, could be a bonding bushing or bonding locknut if there are no concentric or eccentric KO's. Since large size FMC does not qualify as an EGC you'll need a wire type EGC run with the feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.