Service entrance bonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busy W/kids

New User
I recently installed a 200 amp service on a pole for a mobile home. I used a separate meter base & 200 amp panel with a 2inch nipple In between. My question is will the Square D B200 hub satisfy 250.92? The concentric knockout in the bottom of the meterbase goes to 2.5".

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Yes, as Larry mentioned. Just remember that if your meter can is not permanently factory bonded it would have come with a jumper to field install in this case.
I only mention this as these days more and more meter sockets are coming with a removable main bonding jumper.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yes, as Larry mentioned. Just remember that if your meter can is not permanently factory bonded it would have come with a jumper to field install in this case.
I only mention this as these days more and more meter sockets are coming with a removable main bonding jumper.

I've never seen a never base that did not have the neutral bus/terminal block bolted directly to the enclosure.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I've never seen a never base that did not have the neutral bus/terminal block bolted directly to the enclosure.

Up until about 7 or 8 years ago I had never seen one either. It created some confusion in the area I was working in at first. I think these were to answer the issue when you use them for other than metering services.

nickelec

In some buildings in the city the meters are located on the floor of the customer served in these situations we need to buy an isolation kit to isolate the neutral from the enclosure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nickelec

In some buildings in the city the meters are located on the floor of the customer served in these situations we need to buy an isolation kit to isolate the neutral from the enclosure

kwired

Electron manager

Polaris or similar connectors are pretty effective for this purpose, and likely more readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.