Grounding a raised house with meter/combo seperately mounted on a pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a meter/combo 200 amp service on a customer owned pole. to feed a new modular home on stilts. I drove two ground rods at the customer owned pole and bonded the meter/combo. I ran 2 hots, a neutral and a ground underground to the electrical panel inside the raised house. My question is should I drive another ground at the house and run a ground up to the ground bar to satisfy 250.32? I do not think I need to but wanted to hear other people's opinions. thank you.

I didn't think the additional rod would be necessary just because the meter wasn't on the house. My reasoning was the service feeds directly to the house panel and I was thinking it was a solidly grounded system. What would the additional ground rod do that the #4 ground back to the meter combo wouldn't? I wasn't thinking of the house as a secondary structure but as the primary structure.

david

Article 550 dealing with mobile homes and mobile home lots

They were actually designed to be mobile, a 40 or 50 amp cord unplug the home pull it out and go down the road relocating your dwelling
Another mobile home pulls into the lot plugs in to the receptacle and good to go

The disconnect required to be with-in 30 ft. of the home had all the permanent and required bonding to earth

Article 550 still governs manufactured homes if your mobile/manufactured home is supplied by a feeder than the earthling and GEC is only required at the exterior disconnect within 30 ft. of the home

MAC702

Instead of "primary or secondary," I'm just picturing the house as a separate structure, as the pole is the service "structure."

The ground rod does the same thing for the house receiving a 4-wire feeder as that on a detached shed receiving a 4-wire feeder. One can argue what that is, but it's the same thing regardless.

EDIT: This falls under mobile homes, David? A "modular home on stilts?"

david

Instead of "primary or secondary," I'm just picturing the house as a separate structure, as the pole is the service "structure."

The ground rod does the same thing for the house receiving a 4-wire feeder as that on a detached shed receiving a 4-wire feeder. One can argue what that is, but it's the same thing regardless.

EDIT: This falls under mobile homes, David? A "modular home on stilts?"

My mistake modular homes are industrial housing built off sight and assembled as a permanent structure article 550 does not apply

Status
Not open for further replies.